The London West Alliance offers a wide range of professional development opportunity for all staff throughout their career form their Initial Teacher Training to headship. We are delivering teaching and learning programmes, leadership programmes, coaching and subject specific programmes.
We work in close collaboration with our local teaching school hub: Teach West London TS Hub. We deliver the Early Career Framework and from 2022 the reformed NPQs with UCL and we have developed our own bespoke programmes which address the needs of schools in our Alliance.
Teaching and Learning programmes
- Excellent provision for high potential learners
- Raising achievement at A-A* at A2
- High quality TA Practice in Primary schools
- The Coaching classroom for teachers with Dr Neil Suggett CBE
- Curriculum Design in Primary schools
- Leading a subject effectively in Primary schools
- What happens when formal observations disappear
- Exceptional middle leadership
Design and Technology Training
Leadership Development programmes
- NPQ programmes under the licence of UCL from 2022
Subject Specific Programmes:
- Meet the Experts : Subject specific twilight sessions
In order to access our full offer for 2021 - 22 please see below.
Research and development:
The London West Alliance will promote a rigorous, collaborative and sustainable inquiry based research culture in order to develop and evaluate innovative educational practice leading to discernible benefits for our schools and our pupils.
The LWA was involved with National Research Themes R&D Project 2012-2014 led by the National College of Teaching and Leadership; The London Centre for Leadership in Learning; Sheffield Hallam University; and the Institute of Education. The broad theme we were engaged with was professional learning that leads to consistently great pedagogy. Our case study consisted of an exploration of the factors which influenced changes in teachers’ practice and an examination of the role of peer collaboration within the context of such change.
Booking Policy and cancellation policy