The London West Alliance offers a wide range of professional development opportunity for all staff throughout their career form their Initial Teacher Training to headship. We are delivering teaching and learning programmes, leadership programmes, coaching and subject specific programmes.
We are a registered OLEVI delivery centre. As a result our facilitators are OLEVI accredited. As a result, there is a clear “culture” underpinning the delivery of all our CPDs. Alongside licensed programmes such as the OLEVI programmes and the NPQs with our provider Ambition School Leadership, we have developed our own bespoke programmes which address the needs of the schools in our Alliance.
We are also working in partnership with Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and the Hounslow Language Services (HLS) to provide high quality English as Additional Language teaching and learning programmes.
Teaching and Learning programmes
- The Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP) see below for more details
- The Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme (OTAP) see below for more details
- The Power of Coaching (POC) see below for more details
- Raising Achievement at key Stage 5 see below for more details
- Design and Technology Training Course see below for more details
Leadership Development programmes
- NPQML and NPQSL programmes under the licence of Ambition school Leadership
Subject Specific Programmes:
- Meet the Experts : Subject specific twilight sessions
- Good practice network: maths/sciences
In order to access our full offer for 2020 - 21 please see below.
Research and development:
The London West Alliance will promote a rigorous, collaborative and sustainable inquiry based research culture in order to develop and evaluate innovative educational practice leading to discernible benefits for our schools and our pupils.
The LWA was involved with National Research Themes R&D Project 2012-2014 led by the National College of Teaching and Leadership; The London Centre for Leadership in Learning; Sheffield Hallam University; and the Institute of Education. The broad theme we were engaged with was professional learning that leads to consistently great pedagogy. Our case study consisted of an exploration of the factors which influenced changes in teachers’ practice and an examination of the role of peer collaboration within the context of such change.
Booking Policy and cancellation policy