Communicating with Staff
It is very important to us that we work closely in partnership with parents and carers, and communication between home and school is key. We recognise however that it can often be difficult communicating with teachers because they have a very full timetable; and parents and carers also have very busy lives.
Contacting the School
We prefer for you to contact us by email:
Please use staff email addresses if you need to contact staff directly. If you are unaware of a teacher’s email address, please send your email to email@example.com, mentioning the staff name in the subject line:
- Teachers are not in a position to check emails consistently throughout the day and the school does not expect work email to be checked during a teacher’s personal time.
- We aim to respond to you as soon as possible and within three working days. Part-time staff may take longer to reply.
Teachers want to respond to parental queries at the earliest opportunity and will do their best to do so, however, the majority of teachers’ time is taken up teaching and preparing for lessons. Teachers’ responsibilities extend beyond the classroom, and they may be unable to respond to you on the day a query is made. We have also agreed with staff that there is no expectation to respond to queries during their personal/family time.
Please use the main reception number to leave a message for a teacher to contact you:
- Reception staff will relay messages to teachers as soon as possible.
- If a call is urgent, please inform the receptionist who will attempt to find a senior member of staff to speak to you.
- We will try to respond to you within three working days, if not the same day.
- Please note lessons will never be interrupted for teachers to take calls.
The day-to-day care, welfare and safety of your child is managed by the person who is placed closest to them.
- In the first instance, please approach the following members of staff who are responsible for your child in the following order:
- Form Tutor or Classroom Teacher (if the query is relevant to a specific subject)
- Head of Year or Subject Leader (if the query is relevant to a specific subject)
- Assistant Headteacher
- Deputy Headteacher
- Meetings should always be arranged with members of staff. Meetings with Heads of Year should be arranged with their PA.
- If you visit the school to meet a member of staff without an appointment, it is likely that the member of staff will not be able to meet you. You will be asked to make an appointment to meet them in the future
- If you urgently need to see someone, for instance if there is a serious family emergency or a child protection issue, please phone ahead and the reception staff will do their best to find a senior member of staff to see you.
- For non-urgent meetings we will aim to meet with you within five working days. The school will determine the level of urgency at its discretion, to enable it to manage multiple demands.
Website and Social Media
We use our website and social media channels to promote student achievements, subject information and generic educational information. Our website can be found at www.lampton.org.uk. We are @Lamptonsch on Twitter.
If you have not received a response from the school within three working days please contact the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will chase up your enquiry.