Lampton School library has been completely transformed in the last few years. The space is now open and welcoming, a comfortable place for library lessons, completing homework and reading for pleasure.
- The library is open from 8:20- 4pm daily including breaks and lunchtime.
- All year 7 students attend a weekly reading lesson in the library concentrating on reading for pleasure and participating in Accelerated Reader.
- All Year 8 students attend a fortnightly reading lesson in the library (as above).
- 6th Formers are welcome in the library throughout the school day. The library houses the 6th Form ‘Personal Statement Reading Collection’, a collection of Non-fiction books that help evidence extended subject reading for UCAS statements.
- The library is run by an efficient and qualified librarians. She is committed to promoting literacy in all aspects for the Lampton community.
Any student or member of staff is automatically a member of the Library. To borrow, just come to the Library and give us your name.
You may borrow up to three items at a time, and the standard loan period is two weeks. Loans can be renewed a maximum of two times (as long as they have not been reserved by someone else).