At Lampton we currently offer placements to the following providers to trainees wishing to train on the PGCE route. We have paired placements for both Foundation and Consolidation blocks in Maths and Science and are therefore unlikely to be able to assist with additional placements in these areas. All subjects offer at least 1 placement block per year with many subjects offering places in both blocks.
The SWELTEC Consortium (SMUC, Roehampton University, Kingston University, Brunel University)
The Institute of Education
London Metropolitan University
At Lampton, we have developed outstanding practice in this area of our practice. PGCE trainees can expect
- a fully equipped room set aside for their use
- A mentor trained to Stage 2 of the London Providers Framework
- To work in a ‘training department’ – all departments offer placements every year
- Excellent training in all areas of pedagogy with the opportunity to specialise in teaching students with EAL, SEN, BESD and to learn from outstanding practioners in these areas and in subjects
- School based Quality Assurance of their experience from a Professional Coordinating Tutor
Please contact Julie Jaffray for more information
For information regarding School Direct applications, please click here.